St Ann's is a continually improving school and our ambition is for it to be a place where children thrive and love learning.
Our current school improvement priorities are as follows:
- Increase the percentage of pupils exceeding expectation at KS1
- Increase the percentage of pupils meeting and exceeding expectation at KS2
- Improve writing outcomes across the school, with a focus on improving outcomes for boys
- Improve outcomes in phonics; including for disadvantaged pupils
- Increase the percentage of pupils exceeding expectation at the end of the Early Years
Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Review curriculum design, planning and implementation to ensure a broad, rich and interesting curriculum; including outdoor learning opportunities
- Improve the teaching of oracy across the curriculum to enable pupils to use speaking and listening to deepen their thinking and understanding
- Writing, with a focus on narrowing the difference between outcomes for boys & girls
- Improve the teaching of reasoning & problem solving in maths
- Ensure consistently high expectations of pupil learning through effective feedback and marking; including the use of questioning
- All lessons to include challenge and enable pupils to learn at a greater depth
- Ensure consistently good & better teaching of phonics across KS1
Personal development, Behaviour and Welfare
- Reduce the number of pupils with persistent absence.
- Evaluate, review and improve the provision for promoting positive mental health, wellbeing and healthy lifestyles.
- Provide further opportunities to formally debate and discuss issues
Leadership and Management
- Review the vision and character of the school with the school community
- Review curriculum design and the underlying principles of learning to ensure a broad, rich and interesting curriculum.
- Review the process for gathering information that evaluates the effectiveness of the school and how this is used to inform improvement
- Staff and governor training to address new initiatives & national/local priorities
- Further develop parental engagement to improve attendance & punctuality and ensure involvement in developing the school vision