Thanks to everyone who completed our questionnaire. If you have specific question or concern you'd like to be addressed, please contact the school office.
'Something you like about St Ann's' Wordle (25 comments):
'Even Better If' Comments & School Response:
‘Even better if it has trips.'
Every class has booked visits of some kind booked for each term. School Journeys for Y5 & Y6 take place annually. We strongly believe that learning beyond the classroom enriches and enhances our curriculum and are 100% commited to providing a range of educational visits.
‘Longer lunchtimes - eating, not just playing.’
All classes have one hour for lunch. Children spend 30 minutes in the playground and have a lunch sitting of 30 minutes.
'More efficient communication.'
We are constantly developing and adding to our means of communication, to try and reach as many parents as possible; which is why we welcome the feedback provided by this and other surveys. Current means of communication include: newsletters, tweets, emails, texts and the class pages & parent sections on the school website.
Face to face consultation meetings take place in the autumn term, with a phone or TEAMs consultation meeting in the Spring term. Annual reports are sent out in the summer term
Teachers are always available to speak to parents, either briefly at the beginning or end of the day or - with prior agreement - for a longer face to face or telephone meeting. As always we encourage parents to speak to their child's class teacher if they have any concerns; or the Head of School if this does not resolve the matter.
Responses to General Questions About the School:
FEEDBACK FROM YEAR 1 FAMILY CAFE
Something that you have learnt
- How important it is to ask questions when reading
- I learnt how to play some maths games with my child
- The opener – asking questions about the story/book before reading – we normally just start reading.
- I learnt how to make an alien from card and feathers.
- To share more reading with my child.
- I learnt how important it is to practice reading.
- I understood the importance of asking questions after reading a book together.
Comments and Feedback
- WE LOVED IT!
- It is so lovely to meet other families. Thank you.
- I enjoyed all of the activities. I liked it.
- The café was amazing.
- It was excellent.
- Really good, encourages interaction and bonding.
- I think it is a good idea and look forward to the next one.
- Everything was good. The Family Café was good. Good learning.
- It was a very good morning of creativity.
- I enjoyed spending time with my child.
- It was an amazing experience.
Ideas for the future café
- Basic home experiments e.g. making a volcano
- Some example of magazines/books that are age appropriate for my child
- Writing sentences/skills
- Playground/outdoor activities