At St Ann's, we want all children to become confident and articulate mathematicians.
We achieve this by ensuring all of our pupils:
- develop fluency in their mathematical understanding, being able to rapidly recall and apply their knowledge.
- learn to reason mathematically, using mathematical language to explain their understanding.
- can solve problems, through applying their mathematical knowledge in various contexts and using different strategies.
We have an exciting mathematics curriculum and children have access to a range of learning resources to develop a secure depth of understanding.
Please have a look at our calculation policies, which ensure children develop written and mental fluency:
We also believe that ‘knowledge is power’ when it comes to Maths. Children practise their ‘Number Essentials’ and ‘Knowledge Essentials’ to develop confidence and fluency:
- Number Essentials
- Year 2 Knowledge Essentials
- Year 3 Knowledge Essentials
- Year 4 Knowledge Essentials
- Year 5 Knowledge Essentials
- Year 6 Knowledge Essentials
Year Group Overviews: Please see our year group maths maps for the objectives taught across the school:
Useful Websites for Supporting Maths Learning:
A great website with suggestions for supporting your child’s maths learning at home.
Games to help develop rapid recall of maths facts.