St Ann's is a continually improving school and our ambition is for it to be a place where children thrive and love learning.
We have listed a summary of our school improvement aims.
- Ensure that GLD is at least in line with 2015 (70%) and to close the gap between children who do and do not attend the nursery and EAL & non-EAL pupils.
- Percentage of children meeting the Y1 phonic screening threshold is at least 75% (target 85%).
- Increase the rates of progress in maths in KS1 so that more able children exceed the expected (Level 3).
- Increase the percentage of children meeting and exceeding expected attainment in maths.
- Increase the percentage of children meeting the expected level in writing across the whole school. Writing attainment is in line with national or better.
Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Improve teaching of core maths skills through the use of Numicon so that all children make at least expected progress and attainment is in line with national.
- Innovate science teaching and learning through introducing a new scheme of work incorporating STEM learning.
- Embed the English curriculum (2014/15) to improve progress and attainment through clear writing outcomes.
- Introduce and trial Reception Baseline (NFER).
- EY’s to use ‘2 Build a Profile’ to assess and record learning experiences.
- Introduce Letters and Sounds phonic scheme and use phase tracking to ensure children meet the threshold.
- Continue to develop the use of marking and feedback to impact on progress. Use of diagnostic marking to focus on specific development.
- Embed the use of assessment to ensure children are making expected progress (Life without Levels).
Personal development, Behaviour and Welfare
- Continue to define and develop characteristics of learning (Partnership Priority).
- Further develop consistent behaviour expectations to ensure impeccable behaviour at all times.
- Improve attendance and punctuality for individual children who are persistently absent or late.
Leadership and Management
- Effective systems for assessing and tracking pupils progress (against end of year expectations) developed and used by senior and middle leaders to evaluate learning.
- Embed use of Bluesky (online leadership & management tool) to improve the effectiveness of school self review and evaluation.
- Develop the use of school visits by Local Academy Committee members in holding senior leaders to account.
- Develop the role of the Junior Leadership Team in evaluating school improvement.