School Day and Bad Weather Policy
- Parents of reception age children are asked to stay with their child until the bell rings at 8.55am
- Year 6 children may arrive and leave school independently, with written permission from their parents or carers
- The Head of School and/or the Executive Headteacher is usually available at this time of day should you wish to speak to either of them
- The bell rings at 8.55am and the registers are taken promptly
- Morning break for the school is 10.30 - 10.45am for all children in KS1 and KS2
- There is a variety of play equipment for the children, there are two members of staff on duty to promote team games, relationship guidance and first aid treatment if needed.
- Lunch break is from 12:00 to 13:15 for EYFS & KS1 and 12:15 - 13:15 for KS2. Lunch is served in phased sittings.
- An Act Collective of Worship or assembly takes place every day, either in the school hall or at St Ann's Church. Times vary for each day and some days are organised for the whole school, phase groups or classes.
- At the end of the school day the school gates are opened at 3.15pm. Those picking up children collect them from the class teacher in the playground (KS2) or from the classroom door (EYFS & KS1) at 3.30pm
- If you cannot pick up your child we ask you to ensure that we know the person who will be collecting them. If we have not been informed of the person collecting, we will keep the child with us until we are absolutely sure of the arrangements.
- No child may be collected by another child or sibling under the age of 16 years.
If the school is closed due to bad weather, parents will be informed by the school texting service and on the school website.